Sunday, July 29, 2007

Woo Hoo! (Blogathon 77)

In an attempt to remain conscious so I don’t whack my head on my glass computer desk, I decided to check out what Technorati said about my blog.

Technorati ranks blogs according to “link love” or “google juice” or something like that, which doesn’t make much sense to me because you can have like 6,000 visitors a day, but if none of them link to you on their blogs, you don’t move up the ranks. Whatever. Who am I to argue?

It’s no secret that I yearn to be an A-list blogger. I don’t know why I want this, because I think the only benefit is legitimately being able to say “I am an A-list blogger”. It’s not like you get to go to parties with Paris Hilton or anything.
Last time I checked, which was a while ago, I had a Technorati Authority score of 426. You need a minimum score of 500 to be considered an A-list blogger.

Look at this! 457! Almost there! I can almost taste the champagne and caviar now!



My ranking pretty good, too. That 7,971 is out of the 7.5 million blogs on the internet that Technorati ranks!

Well, that was certainly a good waker-upper! I’m going to go see what else I can find! Be sure to share the link love with your blogging friends!

You know what you should do to help me celebrate? Help support the VH1 Save The Music Foundation by clicking here!

COMING UP NEXT: The Rock Chick entertains another question from the mailbag!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three hours to go. Almost there.

mary_m said...

I can't believe how interesting and... well, lucid your posts continue to be at this late hour.

But then again, you're not almost an A-list blogger for nuthin'.

The Rock Chick said...

Tina..oh, I hope I can make it. I've been really doubting it this last hour :)

mary_m: well, thank you! I'm the sanest crazy person there is :) I know I'm tired when I can't think of anything at all to say, too!!!

Thanks for stopping by! I needed that boost!

Jessica Morris said...

Yay - you are almost an A list blogger! =)

Jessica Morris said...

I think my score has been getting lower!! Which is BAD - right?? I don't exactly understand it... but my authority # is now 437 and with favorite I rank # 8,487 - I was in the seven thousands two days ago!! tragic.