Saturday, July 28, 2007

We're Halfway There! (Blogathon 46)

and not even livin' on a prayer!

We’re more than halfway done with Blogathon 2007 and I am going strong! I finally got into my groove, got a couple of posts ahead of myself and have actually even been able to visit some of the other Blogathon participants.

I still have not checked into my donations or pledges. I’m doing the best I can regardless of the dollar amount! That's what counts! That does count, doesn't it?

I do know we started with 527 bloggers and there are only 395 remaining at this time. Hmmmm....where did they go?

I’m pretty sure I am going to make it all the way! I’m finding this whole experience not only fun, but exhilarating, as well! Interestingly, I found a little quiz on somebody’s blog (I forgot to write it down!) that shows I have an 80% chance of making it all the way!

80 %

There's a 80 % chance that I'll survive the 'thon.
Will you survive the Blogathon?


Very cool!!!

I’ve been thinking about Michael C’s and The Big BahUna’s posts regarding the soundtracks of their lives.

I, too, can hear a song an immediately be taken right back to where I was at the time. “Billy, Don’t Be a Hero” takes me right back to our family station wagon taking trips up north to do some fishing with my grandfather.

“Le Freak” by Chic and I am right back at the roller rink, disco lights flashing and I’m skating along the wall with my super cool feathered hair blowing in the wind! It stayed neat because of the comb that said “FOXY!” I wore in my back pocket.

The first time one of my real life teenage heartthrobs kissed me, De Do Do Do, De Da Da by The Police was on. Not exactly romantic, but he was a loser anyway. I didn’t think so at the time, of course, but he told me two days before the Girls Choice Dance that he couldn’t go. I ended up going with a person I didn’t like that much and Dick (ooops, Nick! sorry!) was there with another girl! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

The soundtrack to my wedding is “I Think I love You” by The Partridge Family. A little dorky, but the song was playing the first time I realized I had a little bit of a crush on JW. When JW realized that I had him wrapped around my little finger, he called me at work one day and played that song over the phone. He remembered! Isn’t he just the sweetest?

I’ll do another post on more soundtracks of my life again later!!

COMING UP NEXT: It’s the final hour of Trivia Questions!!! Be sure to be here at 9 PM Central Time!! After that we will have another Q and A while I make the raffle list winner post! Hope your name is on it! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope to see you post something right before I go to bed...when it's over.

Sparky Duck said...

woohoo more trivia!

The Rock Chick said...

Tina: Well, right now I think I can easily make it all night. Sometimes insomnia is a good thing :)

Sparky: Get ready!! This is the final trivia hour!! Glad you're back!

Jessica Morris said...

Hey!! Paul isn't going to play...spoil sport!! But I will be playing!!

I HOPE my name is on the winners list!! =)

The Rock Chick said...

I do believe you are the majority raffle ticket holder :) Thanks so much for hanging out with me all day!!! Are you up all night, too? LOL