Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Where Have All The Flowers Gone?

It's not supposed to be a wrap; it's supposed to be a veil dance. One that appears to defy gravity by gently floating to it's next position all while accenting the moves of my sultry belly dancing. I'm having a little bit of trouble with that. Somehow I end up wrapped up in the veil like a mummy...not very sultry. I'll get it. When I was little and first started tap dancing, I couldn't do that either at first. I'd still be shuffling when everyone else was ball-changing, but I eventually caught up and by the time the recital came around....who had the lead dancing part?.......ME! Sometimes I am like a flower with these things. Doesn't look like much as it's growing, but when it blooms...wow!

Lately I have a new appreciation for flowers. I used to think of them similar to a gift card. You sent them to someone when you couldn't think of anything else to send. I'm now seeing them a little bit differently.

For the last week or so I've been having recurring dreams where flowers are literally taking over my life while I stand in the sidelines and allow them do it. It only took days of research and a professional opinion to tell me that the dream signifies I am being a wallflower about something. I'm not really sure what that is yet, but like the veil, I will figure it out.

Maybe I'm not a wallflower, maybe I just need time and the right circumstances to come to full-bloom. I've already stopped dreaming about them. Soon, nobody will be wondering where all the flowers have gone. The Rock Chick will have picked them....every single one.

No comments: