Monday, May 12, 2008

Kick It!

Sometimes you gotta fight for your right to party! Like Robbie Gould and The Chicago Bears!

I can’t say that I’m a huge football fan and that is entirely because I do not understand the game and I don’t have time to attend the “Football For Dummies” classes that the Chicago Bears offer once in a while.

But, like all fair weather fans, if a Chicago team is doing well, I hop on the bandwagon, too. It’s exciting and I can yell and scream as loud as anyone.

The Chicago Bears went to the Superbowl, fought hard and lost, (but it was still a rockin’ party at my house!) in February of 2007. One reason they were there was because of Robbie Gould’s 49 foot field goal in overtime in the NFC Divisional playoff against the Seattle Seahawks a few weeks earlier. Robbie wanted to party, that’s for sure!



That was a kick heard ‘round the city making Robbie Gould the only Chicago Bears player I can actually name other than Good Rex/Bad Rex Grossman. Oh, wait. There is that Urlacher guy. I know him, too.

Anyway, Robbie Gould is going to be at a store near my house tomorrow night signing autographs and my son (a HUGE Bears fan!) can not wait to meet him! Hopefully we’ll be able to take some pics.

Ok, ok, I can’t wait to meet him either. He’s incredible and not all that bad looking, to boot!

2 comments:

Malcolm said...

It's funny that you did this post because just yesterday I caught a rerun of "Still Standing" where Bill and Judy (Mark Addy and Jami Gertz) went to the birthday party of Willie Gault's young daughter. In addition to Willie playing himself, the ep. also feat. two other members of the Bears team that won the Super Bowl in 1986 (Tim Wrightman and Mike Tomczak).

I hope that you and your son have a good time at the event tom. night.

The Rock Chick said...

Hi Malcolm! Even more coincidental is that I graduated from high school with Jami Gertz! I hear a Twilight Zone theme playing somewhere........