Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I Love To Laugh

I figured it’s been quite a while since I poked a little fun at a celebrity and when I saw this picture on TMZ.com, it made me laugh.


Poor Paris. She tried to escape the paparazzi, but fell flat on her face which let them get an even better picture! I guess I could understand it in stilettos, but gym shoes?

She even has a boo boo. Awwwwww...

Enough of Paris. On to people with real talent.

I just finished reading “Straight Up and Dirty” by blogger Stephanie Klein.

It’s a memoir about her (completely sucky!) first marriage to a cheating, mama’s boy urologist and how she got back into single life and the dating game.

I can relate. My first marriage was to a cheating mama’s boy, too. He wasn’t a urologist, but he was definitely a dick at times. Almost the same thing.

Stephanie’s first husband didn’t want anyone (including his parents) to even know they were married! My first husband didn’t want to attend our wedding reception. I totally get her predicament.

Stephanie shares a straight up (and yes, it’s a little dirty here and there) account of heartbreak, emotional abuse, and pulling your socks back up and getting back to living with the help of your “no-matter-what” friends.

You know those people. They may make you crazy sometimes, but you always love them and they always love you back...no matter what.

Through all of this and a Brazilian bikini wax, Stephanie never seems to lose her sense of humor. She is witty, funny and completely lovable. She feels like a friend.

Life is short, people. No matter what happens, you have to be able to laugh.

I chuckle all the time when I think of the guava orchard I own somewhere in Mexico. My first husband cleared out my entire bank account to buy it for his mommy.

I adored Stephanie’s book and would recommend it for anyone who is nosy and enjoys memoirs as much as I do.

You know, because I’m nosy, too :) Guava juice, anyone?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well now, that sounds like a fun book. I didn't have the same divorce experience...but that doesn't mean I wouldn't be able to relate.
Yep, you have to laugh...sometimes you have to fake it until you make it, too!

Hope you are feeling better.

pjazzypar said...

Hey what do you mean Paris is not talented? Thanks for the tip about the Klein memoir, it sounds like a good read. I have been doing a lot of reading lately.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Monitor de LCD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://monitor-de-lcd.blogspot.com. A hug.

The Rock Chick said...

Shelly: I have no doubt that you could relate to Stephanie Klein! She's almost as good a storyteller as you are! :)

pjazzy: it was a great read! I go through reading cycles, too. Sometimes I read all the time and then I don't read a book for a month or so. You'll like this one!

monitor: thank you. I appreciate the kind words!

Sara said...

I totally agree about having to laugh!!

Malcolm said...

That pic of Paris on the left looks like she's trying to either pick up spare change or shine that man's shoes while he's walking.

Your 1st husband sounds like a real prize. Any man who didn't want to attend his own wedding reception and would clean out his wife's bank account is in a class all to himself.

book bitch reviews said...

Thiis was great to read