Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Each And Every Day Of The Year

Sometimes I read things on other people’s blogs that just inspire me. Today, Shelly at This Eclectic Life wrote about something I had never heard of before called X365.

X365 is a writing project started by Dan Waber back in 2006 to mark his 40th birthday.

I personally marked my 40th birthday by drinking too much tequila, stepping barefoot in glass and having to go to the doctor to have the glass removed from my foot.

It’s just not a party until someone has to go to the hospital, right? I think Mr. Waber’s idea is much safer than mine!

He decided to write a post every day for a year (365!). Each one would be about someone who touched his life and he added just a few little rules...

You can only write about someone you’ve actually met (that means no Bon Jovi for me!), you must remember their name and the number of words you can use in each post are equal to your age.

I am 41 and that means that “wordy” me has to select those 41 words very carefully to make each one count!

Shelly started today and so did I. I set up this blog to do this project, so pop on over there if this is something you’d be interested in reading. I’m going to really try to keep this up. I’m thinking it will be great inspiration for another project I’m working on. I’ll tell you about that soon!

My #1 post goes out to my #1 hubby, JW. Gotta start at the top!

Hope to see you there!

7 comments:

Shelly Kneupper Tucker said...

You started with the important ones, but for me it starts with some of the distant ones! The close family is difficult! Guess I'd better tackle those, eh?

Good on you. I think this is going to be cathartic. Especially when I tell folks like Sheena and Debbie what I think.

Anonymous said...

I keep forgetting to sign in with the wordpress blog. Don't go to my blogspot.

Crystal said...

Cool project. Have fun with it! :)

Sara said...

interesting project - good luck & have fun with it!

Malcolm said...

Thanks for letting us know about this project. I'll be checking it out from time to time.

By the way, you mentioned that JW is your #1 hubby. What do have over there in IL, a male harem or something? lol

Jessica Morris said...

very cool project!! I wouldn't have many words to use, so I think I'll pass on this project - but I think it's super cool!!

Rob Walker said...

There are certain eligibility conditions which have to be fulfilled for availing this credit facility. Unique and innovative features of the site make it an essential resource for the recruitment of clinical Dermatologist. IT hires personnel who has the ability in troubleshooting and assistance of the computer system being embraced by modern cruise ships.