Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Booze Cruise

Word is that Bon Jovi guitarist Richie Sambora has been arrested for driving under the influence of alcohol.

Not only did he take himself on a Hummer weaving booze cruise, he had his 10 year old daughter, another juvenile and a female passenger in the car with him.

He could also be facing child endangerment charges.


Bon Jovi spokesperson, Ken Sunshine, has no comment.

That’s ok, Ken, cause I do!

You know I love you, Richie Sambora, but are you freaking insane? Driving drunk is ridiculous enough, but with your kid and somebody else’s kid in the car? What about all of the children, adults and families in other cars on the road who probably prefer not to have their lives threatened by your stupidity ? Inexcusable.

For God’s sake, what is wrong with you?

I realize you have problems with alcohol and that’s not an easy thing to deal with, but, come on! If you can’t afford a driver or a cab, I’m sure there’s half a million people a phone call away who would gladly drive your drunken ass around if need be.

And to think I named my cat after you!

I’m very, very disappointed, Richie.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl! There just is no excuse for that. Now, if I could get you to talk to the jerk who nearly ran me off the road the other day....

Anonymous said...

Whatever happened to feeling good around a campfire making s'mores? I dislike liquor more and more as I age.

Thank god his daughter wasn't harmed.

The Rock Chick said...

shelly: Let me at 'em!

damien: kumbaya!

Anonymous said...

I really, really don't get how this kind of thing happens to famous people. Seriously, if anyone could afford to call a cab, surely Richie could.

Your poor cat...the shame of it.

Crystal said...

People are SO stupid. It amazes me how many people do stuff like this. You're right... no excuse.

Anonymous said...

Now if your cat comes home in handcuffs you know that the universe is a very strange place.

Dustin said...

I think you should teach your cat to whine like a police siren every time he smells alcohol. Not only would it be annoying and weird and funny...but in a strange way, it would offer some balance in this twisted twisted universe.

The Rock Chick said...

vixen: My poor cat-that's ok-we really only call him Jovi anyway :)

crystal: it's just ridiculous!

freelance: that actually reminds me of the time I was driving down my street and saw my dogs in the back of a police car!

dustin: I'm still trying to teach my cat to use the potty! :) One thing at a time....

pjazzypar said...

What I cannot figure out about celebrities is why they don't call a car when they are under the influence. I mean I never understand why these dummies don't hire a driver to come get them when they are out drinking. It makes much more sense than having that ugly assed mugshot show up in tabloids once they are busted. I think these pampered stars have too many people around telling them yes and not enough saying NO NO NO!

Malcolm said...

Before I found out it was Richie, I looked at the mugshot and wondered who this child molester/serial killer might be. Although the blame rests solely on Richie's shoulders, I am wondering what (if anything) the other adult passenger (his girlfriend) did/said to try to prevent him from getting behind the wheel.

BookMama said...

I came here to post the same comment as Malcolm! Yes, Richie was the one who was driving drunk and is definitely responsible for this. But what about the other adult? Couldn't SHE have called a cab for herself and the kids? Couldn't she have taken his keys away? Called the police?