Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Hit Me Baby One More Time

It appears that The Pop Tart, Britney Spears, has at least temporarily lost custody of her two boys. This is kind of the ultimate hit for a mom, no?

Not only did she turn them over to ex-husband K-Fed two days early, she was photographed out partying and even smiling (WTF?) last night. I’m going to go out on a limb and just say it.

Something is wrong with Britney Spears.

In my 40+ years on this earth and my experiences working at the police department, I’ve come across quite a few people who have problems with drugs, alcohol and or both.

Other than my ex-husband, I can’t say I’ve come across anyone who didn’t seem to care if they lost their children. And, let me just tell you, there is something seriously wrong with him, too.

I enjoy a tabloid story just like everyone else who doesn’t admit to reading those magazines, but Britney, c’mon...it’s time to pull up your panties and get some real help.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I honestly feel really bad for her. She is obviously going through something, and not handling it well.

I feel even worse for her children, because this stuff is going to be public knowledge forever, and they will always know that their mom didn't want them. Even if she isn't in the right frame of mind, it won't hurt any less.

Malcolm said...

How much of an f-up do you have to be to lose custody of your kids to somebody like K-Fed? Sorry, but I have zero sympathy for the Pop Tart.

The Rock Chick said...

kelly-I admit I'm a little torn because I think there is something wrong with her other than just drug problems. I feel badly for her boys the most. She did have warnings and a chance to shape up and it appears she didn't take it.

malcolm: that same thought crossed my mind. It's not like he's going to win any parent of the year awards either.

Anonymous said...

She obviously has problems....but she needs help..not more partying. I too feel sorry for her.

Karina said...

Amen sister! If this isn't her "rock bottom", I'm afraid to see what will be.

The Rock Chick said...

amy: I really hope this opens up her mind to get some help.

karina: yes, Britney used to rock and now I'm hoping she has hit one (and not with her car) and can turn herself around.

carrie said...

this cracked me up! Glad I found your blog!

Sarah said...

I also heard she went straight out to the tanning booth after. Are her priorities mixed up or what?

Harlekwin said...

Sadly, I have a feeling things will only get worse, I don't think she's hit bottom... yet.

Cinnamon Girl said...

She is completely fubard

Samantha_K said...

I still have hope for her. Really.

Being a wealthy celebrity who has access to practically everything is hard, ok?

Crystal said...

This is so sad. I feel so bad for the kids.