Monday, August 13, 2007

Face The Music

I was asked by Shelly to participate in a meme called Face Behind The Blog. It’s pretty straightforward, you’re supposed to put some pictures of yourself up so people can see what you look like.

I struggled with this idea because there are several different personality sides to me. Which one should I show? When I write, I am Jessica The Rock Chick and in my mind, she looks like the picture to the left there. For some reason, I need to be that Rock Chick to write.

The real-life Jessica doesn’t look exactly like my little Photoshop drawing.

I also prefer to remain semi incog-blog-o because I really enjoy writing about two-faced people who annoy me and how am I going to do that if they are reading my blog? I posted some pictures in a previous entry, but I’m claiming temporary insanity on that one :)

I’ve decided to stick with the Jessica The Rock Chick theme and use an actual photoshopped picture of me recently rock chicking. This was my birthday and I am supermodel posing in a t-shirt I received as a gift. It says “Rock and Roll Forever”.


What do you think? Do your see any resemblance between my two rock chick personalities?

Other "Face Behind The Blog" participants can be found in my sidebar.

18 comments:

Kendra said...

i do, i do see the resemblance! you look amazing for your age if i might add! not that you're old or anything tho b/c 40 is still young! i just say this b/c i hope to look as cute as you do when i'm 40!! =)

The Rock Chick said...

Kendra: Have I told you that I love you? And your words are even nicer because I'm really 41 now, which for some reason, was a tougher birthday than 40! :)

Anonymous said...

41??? Honey, you are just a baby! You can still be a rock chick. Whoot. You are as adorable as your writing. I'm glad you finally got on the ball and got this posted!!

The Rock Chick said...

Shelly: Why, thank you and, if rock and roll can be forever, I can be a forever rock chick, too!! I'm glad I finally got it posted, too!! Crazy couple of days here with back to school book sales.

Anonymous said...

Both your personas rock!

Anonymous said...

Excellent way to participate, Jessica. You have managed to pull off "cool" in a very rock-chick stylee.

Seriously, it's a lovely picture, and put on or not, it's a great smile!

Anonymous said...

That's a fun picture! Exactly how I pictured your rock chick self ;)

katherine. said...

I gotta learn photoshop!

Sandee said...

I'm with Shelly. You're adorable. Forty is very young by the way. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you very much for the link love, Jessica.

It's good to see that the list is still running.

The Rock Chick said...

Freelance: why, thank you!!!

rory: thank you so much! I try my best :)

damien: which picture? like the top one, right? LOL

katherine: oh, you should! I love it! It takes a while to learn but you'd be amazed at what you can make with it.

comedy+: thanks! I agree 40 is young. Especially since I took that "real age" quiz and it said I'm only 28!

dennis: you are very welcome! It was fun to do!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jessica,

Thanks for letting me know about your post. I've added you to the original list. Rock on!

Rebecca said...

I don't know what you did in photoshop but you certainly don't look anywhere near 40 in that picture...

And whoohooo! Thanks for the sneak peak into your real world :P

The Rock Chick said...

David: Thank you, this was fun!! I appreciate the link!

Frigga...oh I didn't do anything in Photoshop except put a little bit of a cartoon effect to the pic--it just adds to the outlines a bit. I've been blessed with good genetics---my grandmother is 95 and people think she's in her 70's...I'll put a pic up of her most recent modeling gig! Yes, it's true!!

Kendra said...

soooo i finally got around to posting the writer's reviews awards tonight! yay! which also gave you one more link, BTW! =)

Crystal said...

Nope, no resemblence. But the real Rock Chick is much prettier anyway. ;o)

Sara said...

aside from the different outfits I don't see any other differences!!

janet copenhaver said...

Well aren't you a cute little tang! I'm sorry your having so much trouble making the A list. Sheesh what's a girl to do??