Monday, July 9, 2007

The Power of Love

Uh oh. I’ve been discovered. Found out. My whole life story will soon be plastered on the glossy pages of tabloid magazines. Since I haven’t had time to color my hair and look picture perfect, I may as well go ahead and confess so I can avoid the paparazzi trying to run me down in my driveway.

I am a schmoozer. Yes, it’s true.

I clearly thought I was successfully hiding this from people, but ...no. My friend Shelly at This Eclectic Life can see right through me. Shelly has graciously presented me with this Schmooze Award and I gratefully accept. I adore schmoozing (and Shelly!) and it’s quite nice to be recognized as a schmoozer without having to admit it yourself.

I’m told this is the definition of “schmoozing”:
The natural ability “to converse casually, especially in order to gain an advantage or make a social connection.” Good schmoozers effortlessly weave their way in and out of the blogosphere, leaving friendly trails and smiles, happily making new friends along the way. They don’t limit their visits to only the rich and successful, but spend some time to say hello to new blogs as well. They are the ones who engage others in meaningful conversations, refusing to let it end at a mere hello - all the while fostering a sense of closeness and friendship.

Yes! That’s me!!!

Shelly also added this:
"Jessica the Rock Chick is everywhere! When she jumps in to comment, it’s often hilarious and always intelligent. She’s going to be an “A” list blogger, and a good part of that will be because the woman knows how to chat!"

Shelly is right! I am totally going to be an A-List Blogger! When I step out of my limo people will scream “Rock Chick! Over Here!” I’m going to be invited at 2 am to the best parties, ducking out of back doors to avoid photographers and falling off bar stools from exhaustion after drinking cranberry juice with Bon Jovi! I can not wait!!

I actually got another very pleasant surprise, too. I was checking things out over at Technorati (they rank your blog’s popularity, among other things) and discovered that out of the 7.5 million blogs on the internet, mine is #8,346 in popularity, which puts me in the top 10,000 most popular blogs and earns me that cool, albeit small and non-blinking, “Top 10K” tag.



I think that’s very cool! I’m going to pass on some link love, because after all, that’s how you get the necessary google juice to power up your Technorati.

Here are some of my favorite schmoozers who Rock My Roll (my blogroll, that is!)

Kendra- She has to be listed first because she gets so frickin’ excited when she gets an award and it makes me smile. A lot. Go visit her. She is funny.

Jessica Morris. She’s still trying so hard to win the “Get Paid To Blog For A Year Contest”. She’s so nice and one of my first fans, so I am going to use my Technorati popularity to ask everyone to go to her site and vote for her.

Crystal. She and I have a lot in common, except that she makes beautiful jewelry and I don’t. I do make an awesome glowstick necklace, though, if anyone is interested. No? You might want to check out Crystal's designs then :)

Damien. This man is truly on a blogging mission. If I had his dedication to blogging, I would be an A-Lister already, no doubt. His blog covers just about everything you can think of and he has a great group of regular commentators, too. Really interesting.

Michael C. His blog is hysterical!! I love his sarcastic sense of humor and his views on things. Even though he does it as a free gig, it’s totally one of the best out there.

Shannon. She says out right loud a lot of things I might hold back a bit. I really like her and her thoughts a lot.

Rock on, fellow bloggers! See you on the A-List red carpet!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Thanks for the love! :)

Congrats on your Schmooze award. I wish I had some more schmooze talent!

The Rock Chick said...

anytime, crystal :) You must be a schmoozer, being an A-List blogger! Who are you trying to kid :)

Kendra said...

i bragged already on my site but forgot to tell you thanks so THX!!

Anonymous said...

You are going to get there! You definitely are a schmoozer. Maybe I need to start a mission to get everyone to link to Jessica! Yeah, that's it.
Now, I'm going to come back and read some more of your posts...but I get to have lunch with my son today (and I gotta head out the door). But, I couldn't turn off the computer without visiting my favorite Future A List Blogger.

The Rock Chick said...

Kendra...you are most welcome!!!

Shelly: That's right...that's what you need..yet anohter mission. Maybe when you get through with the squares, we'll talk about it :) Enjoy your lunch!!!

Anonymous said...

О! post Awesome. Vraiment apprécié la lecture de votre blog.