As you know, (because I talked about it too much) it was my birthday last week. We had the family over this past weekend to celebrate all of the household birthdays. I got some great gifts. My favorite was an envelope of full of cash from my parents. One size fits all and green is one of my best colors! Actually, lime is my best color but money green works, too!
Oldest Daughter said that she saw something she really wanted to buy for me, but she didn’t have enough money with her at the time. When I heard what it was, I whispered a sigh of thanks that I’m very stingy with the allowances.
She would have bought me a cropped top with the saying.... “McDreamy makes me McSteamy” printed across the chest.
I'm crazy about Grey’s Anatomy, but something tells me I couldn’t pull off actually wearing that shirt in public. Come to think of it, I don’t think I probably ever could.
This got me thinking about other things I might McLove, but just aren’t for McMe. No shades of "Grey" here. Seriously!
Today is Thursday Thirteen...and here's mine...
1. The “Z” Snap. I’ve seen women on Maury’s show do this when the paternity test confirms that the father of their baby is indeed the one they’ve been saying it is. I’ve tried to work this into my “I told you so!” occasions, but I can’t seem to snap and do the “Z” at the same time.
2. Saying “You go, girl!” or calling other girls “Girlfriend!”. Neither can my sister-in-law, Gloria, but she does it anyway.
3. Colored contact lenses. They look freaky on me.
4. Wearing big blingy dangling earrings. In the store, these things taunt me begging for purchase, but I know I’m definitely more of a simple hoop gal.
5. Rap. I think I can rap in a Vanilla Ice’s mom kind of way, but my kids disagree. If only I could get that crotch grabbing/hand sign thing down pat, I know I could change their minds. Word!
6. Veil Dancing. I still can’t do it without getting all tangled up. I’m thinking of switching from belly dancing to a more “Dancing With The Stars” kind of dance class. It’s a shame, because I know I would totally rock those finger cymbals if given the chance.
7. Wearing a bikini. I never quite had the top, but now I seem to have lost the middle and the bottom for one, too.
8. Birkenstocks. They remind me of the McFugly 70’s “Earth Shoes”, and just like them, they fall off every time I take a step.
9. Knee-hi socks and hot pants. “We wore short shorts” with knee highs back in the Three’s Company days and I am liking the comeback, but it’s best left to people who can stand the smell of Nair.
10. Babydoll shirts. I bought one and modeled it for the hubby. He said it looked great if I was trying to appear four months pregnant. Not exactly the look I was going for.
11. Using my kids’ slang. Try as I might, every time I say “I gotta bounce!” out loud, it causes people to giggle. Which is like totally bogus!
12. Victoria’s Secret Supermodel Sexy. It must be all the feathers on those wings tickling me because every time I put the outfit on and catwalk in my living room, I start laughing. That’s not what happens in the commercial.
13. Tube Tops. Yep, they’re back, too! I don’t even have to pull one of these off. Without much to grab onto, they just kind of fall off all on their own :)