Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwww!


My hubby came home from work tonight and said his car smelled kinda funky and could I go check it out and see what I think it might be. It only took a second to realize I had smelled something similar before... at the morgue when I was taking a forensics class in college. It’s not an aroma you forget. I can only imagine the hubby didn't recognize it because cops are usually pretty good about putting Vicks VapoRub in their noses ahead of time if the situation calls for it. In college we used cigarette filters and I had no doubt as to why the car smelled like it did. Obviously, Vicks is the better and far more attractive choice in these situations.

I popped the hood and there it was. A good sized squirrel had wedged itself in the engine and died there. I’m no medical examiner, but I’m pretty certain it was several days ago. I called mechanics and detailers and they all pretty much said "Ummm, we're not going to be able to help you with that". We were on our own.

I’ll spare you the details but let’s just say the whole episode wasn’t a pretty one.

No comments: