Wednesday, April 29, 2009

June Is Bustin' Out All Over

One April may have cried and stepped aside and a May might not have kept her promises, but a certain TV “June” is bustin’ out all over!

It isn’t June Cleaver, but close. It’s Shirley Partridge! Shirley Jones, the Flower Power TV Supermom, always there for her children with a smile, a song and a stenciled school bus, will be appearing topless (at age 75) in an upcoming episode of A&E’s “The Cleaner”.

Jones will portray a “washed up, alcoholic chanteuse” (it’s ok, I had to look it up, too) who attempts to convince her husband that they should go to an AA group or rehab or something. He feels he is too old, so she throws open her bouquets and asks if he’s too old for...well, her buttercups. OK? No, not with me! That's definitely not OK!

I admit, I might just be a little jealous since nobody is blowing 76 trombones over my own AA (size, not group) cups, but why, Shirley, why would you do this?

Did that Bratt Benjamin only offer the part as All Er Nothin?
You definitely weren’t the girl who Cain’t Say No!

You don’t know what you’re up against
You don’t know what it’s all about
You’ve got so much to think about...


Are you trying to shed your Marian The Librarian image? You already did that, Mrs. P, when you won an Academy Award for your performance as a prostitute in Elmer Gantry.

You’re an icon to many of us so called Rock Chick’s (who also adore musical theater and Partridge tunes), but never mind me. What will your children and grandchildren think? Their hearts might just stand still and not in a Da Doo Ron Ron way.

Shirley, please reconsider. I KNOW I Loved You when you were worried that people would even say you’re in love. I can’t even imagine what they’re going to say about this!

6 comments:

RamblingRexInChicago said...

I'm filing this under "What is she thinking?" I hope her family tried to stop her. I mean, this borders on elder abuse ;-)

She may look good, but at a certain age, you should cover it up. It just seems desperate and a bit unclassy.

Malcolm said...

This post had me cracking up. The only references I got for sure are to "I Think I Love You" and "The Music Man". I am guessing that there are some other references too (possibly "Oklahoma"). Since "The Cleaner" airs on A&E, I am guessing that Shirley will have her back to the camera for the peek-a-boo scene.

在宅ライター募集 said...

在宅ライター募集をしています。在宅で出来るライティングのお仕事を始めてみませんか?締切などもございませんので手の空いた時間にお仕事していただけます。お気軽にご応募ください。

Raizu said...

There are no greater feelings than to have realization that your kids will not be alone after you. You work hard throughout your life in order to prove a responsible father and caring husband but even you feel that this will not be sufficient for your family in case of some crisis. There is nothing to be worried about. It’s a story of every home. And Life Insurance companies give you the best solution by providing the reasonable kids life insurance plans and their future making secure even after you.

Simmons said...

There are no greater feelings than to have realization that your kids will not be alone after you. You work hard throughout your life in order to prove a responsible father and caring husband but even you feel that this will not be sufficient for your family in case of some crisis. There is nothing to be worried about. It’s a story of every home. And Life Insurance companies give you the best solution by providing the reasonable kids life insurance plans and their future making secure even after you.

Tyler Clements said...

This is a greeat blog