Monday, October 6, 2008

Things That Make You Go

HMMMMMMMM. I don’t normally write random posts, but for some reason, I’m feeling compelled.

My daughters went to Homecoming on Saturday and they looked absolutely gorgeous. Stunning! I would happily show you just how gorgeous they looked, except that the pictures I took didn’t seem to write to the card in my camera. You know, it’s bad enough that my external hard drive failed and I lost all my previous pictures, but now I can’t seem to take new ones either. Grrrrrrrr.....



I’m probably the last person on the planet to join Facebook and at first, I truly thought it was just plain dumb, but the more I play with it and find people I know or used to know, I find I’m really enjoying it. I'm still not getting the "poke" or throw gummy bear feature, but I'm confident I will figure it out.


I took a quiz (several, actually) on Facebook and one said in a former life. I was Pablo Picasso. In this life you continue to be revolutionary, stubborn, an active lover, enjoy breaking the rules, and you react poorly to heartbreak, apparantly, just like Pablo. I’m not really a rule breaker, but the rest is acceptable!





I had to go the laundromat today because my wash machine broke. Sigh. It’s flashing some secret code that’s informing us it can’t drain. I’m sure the expensive repairman will be able to straighten it all out for me when he comes on Tuesday. Whatever! I hate doing laundry at home, but I discovered that I really like going to the laundromat. Weird, right?




I replaced my son’s cell phone today. His old one is in his school soaking in asbestos tainted water along with our acoustic guitar and his backpack containing all of his school books! We had some bad storms here during Hurricane Ike causing massive amounts of flooding. I don’t know where the asbestos came from, but he’s been going to school in a trailer at an elementary school in our district and it will take months to re-open his school. Lovely.



I went to physical therapy for my jaw hoping that it would get better. With all the exercises, my jaw is moving better. What I didn’t expect, though, would be that my neck and back would go into spasms. Yeah, not what I wanted. It’s much easier to function with a sore jaw than a back spasm.




My daughter made a family tree for her German class. She was supposed to use real names of her family members, but instead of pictures of the actual people, they were to use pictures of celebrities. (no idea why). She picked Denise Richards to represent me.

Denise Richards? She reproduced with Charlie Sheen (I’m sorry, I have to question the judgement of anyone even willing to sleep with Charlie Sheen, let alone reproduce with him), and then she dated Richie Sambora, her best friend Heather Locklear’s HUSBAND. Skank ho. (my opinion, of course)

“I don’t want to be Denise Richards”, I said, “Why would you pick her to be me?”

“’Cause she’s cute.” Answered my darling daughter.

Compliment accepted :) I decided to quit while I was ahead.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Like your site, I was a frequent dropper, did you ditch your Entrecard?

Jessica Morris said...

My card started not saving the last picture taken... so I'd always take a random picture of my foot or something just to make sure the pictures I wanted were always on there.
I reformatted the card, and all has been good since then :)

Laundromats smell good. And you can find loose change. I haven't been since I was little, but those are my memories.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I like the laundromat too, weird eh? I prefer it to home, but I haven't been in years. Maybe I should "break" my washer and get a little away time in with the laundromat?

I am having my first contest, you should stop by.

Anonymous said...

I have so many people from high school (1987) contacting me through Facebook. It is such a trip!

The Rock Chick said...

dragon: thank you. I have to be honest, I don't know what entrecard is! Something I'm certain every known blogger knows about but me...LOL

Jessica: yeah, I'll have to reformat, but I still don't have the Homecoming pics. Technology! I love it, but it can drive you crazy too!

Vixen: I think maybe I like the fact that I can do 8 loads of laundry in a little over an hour. But it does smell nice in laundromates, too! I'm loving the apron you made. I'll write about it.

Damien: me too! Hooked up with some old high school friends! It is a riot!

Malcolm said...

I'm just the opposite in regards to doing laundry. I can't remember the last time I went to the laundromat.

As hot as Denise Richards is, I've begun to wonder if she's all there. I can't remember the exact details, but it was something that came out in the Charlie Sheen divorce that made me raise an eyebrow. Don't get me wrong, I wonder about him as well. Like they say, birds of a feather...

Dustin said...

Something tells me that it wouldn't have mattered WHO your daughter used to represent you...the explanation of "Cause she's cute" would make it ok...

Well, now that I think about it...it COULD make you wonder if you're daughter's ok if the person was hideous enough...

The Rock Chick said...

malcolm: well, I only go to the laundromat when my wash machine is broken, which isn't all that often. I like the speed of the laundromat, I think. The clothes flopping around in the dryers is hypnotizing a little, too!

Dustin: Yeah, the cause she's cute was the selling point! What did made me think when she said that is how two people can look at the exact same person and think such different things.

Crystal said...

I think you're cuter than her. And saner than her. Is saner a word? It is now.

Bummer about your son's school/phone/guitar!

Do you have one of them thar swanky front loaders? I want one, but not if it will flash random codes at me. We have an old hand me down washer and while I hate it (esp the fact that it always smells sour - though the clothes come out clean and clean smelling, the washer itself stinks!) it is still kicking. Stupid washer. If only it would break already so I could get a swanky front loader. I think I need a swanky new one if I'm going to cloth diaper. Who wants to cloth diaper with an ancient dinosaur that doesn't even have a pre-soak or 2nd rinse option? So lame!

The Rock Chick said...

Crystal: cuter and saner! Why, thank you my friend! Yes, I do have a swanky front loader and other than the pump malfunctioning last week, I love it! It has a lot more temperature options and they use less water, too.

Mine is a Kenmore and it was on sale for a good price. It did flash a trouble code that we had to look up online, but I think a lot of appliances do this. For example, the digital clock on my oven actually beeped and spelled out the word FIRE when I tried to cook once. Sometimes the codes are good! :)