Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Another Update

Hello bloggy buddies! I haven’t been blogging yet again, but I do have an excuse! I’m addicted to Facebook where I’ve not only reconnected with some long lost friends, I’ve become quite a successful fake farmer.

It takes a considerable amount of time to fake farm and earn my fake Facebook money. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. It's keeping me sane.

Speaking of “gotta do”, three days after my last post, my daughter ended up hospitalized again. Not that she needed to be hospitalized, in my opinion, but her therapist (who I’ve been wanting to fire for months, but was afraid to) went overboard, crossed not only professional, but personal lines and put my daughter back in the hospital.

When a therapist does something this, you have no choice but to comply.

She is coming home later today. We’ve found a new therapist for her and this one seems to have a treatment plan that’s positive, unlike the other one who felt the situation was “hopeless”.

Ridiculous! Which... is also another reason that I haven’t been blogging. I’ve spent a considerable amount of time in my catboots kicking ass and attempting to eliminate too many cooks in the “treatment team”.

The irony of the “treatment team” is that there seems to be a serious lack of communication between the members. Considering that all of these people are therapists of one sort or another, it just floors me.
One says one thing and then someone does something else or forgets to do something or is too lazy to do something and my kid gets stuck in the middle.

I will be fixing that. One way or another.

Back to blogging soon, bloggy friends! Thank you all so much for your words, prayers, gifts and friendship!

4 comments:

Sarcasm is just one more service I offer. said...

Sorry your having such a difficult time finding a good therapist. I've suffered with depression for most of my life and totally understand how frustrating it can be trying to find someone to help you. There are so many that make you feel worse about everything. They shouldn't be allowed to keep practicing that type of medicine in my opinion. I was finally fortunate enough to figure out what medication seems to work alright for me so as long as my current doctor will keep prescribing it to me I'll keep going to them. Good luck with with the new therapist. I hope it works out.

Dustin said...

Good hearing from you, Jessica! Crystal was filling me on on the situation with your daughter just last night, actually. Sounds like your catboots could use some combat boot friends to come along for the ride!

I still have 'em too! I can polish them up all nice and shiny so that these people can see their reflection before they're kicked in the face...would that help?

The Rock Chick said...

sarcasm: well said! So far I feel like she's more what my daughter needs, but of course, my daughter has to be able to relate to her too. Thanks!

Dustin: your combat boots are totally welcome!!! Hey, if you want to combine superpowers and join forces, I will totally drop the Vitamix thing ;)

Crystal said...

One word: traitor.

On a serious note, I'm glad the catboots are getting things done. I hope the new doctor and the new positive plan of therapy prove to be just what Sam needs.