Wednesday, December 5, 2007

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

Oh no, he doesn’t! Because he’s on my blog tonight!



My bloggy buddy, Jamie over at Duward Discussion has presented me with this “A Roar For Powerful Words” award and this is what she said about me:

Rock Chick of Life Is Rantastic --Are the small aggravations of life getting you down? Join Rock Chick in letting steam flow out of your ears. Her writing style is sharp, funny, and to the point. When not in full out flaming attack on the deserving, she has wicked and inciteful commentary on all aspects of her life.

YOWSA! Thank you, Jamie!!!

This award was created by Seamus of The Shameless Lions Writing Circle and here’s what is means:

"When I set up The Shameless Lions Writing Circle, one of things I had in mind was that we as a group could encourage and celebrate good, powerful writing on the Internet/blogosphere. This is why I've come up with a new project to try to do exactly that, while of course at the same time increase exposure for the 48 members and their individual blogs. A Roar For Powerful Words is the chance to scream from the mountains the good news about the powerful posts that are produced every day in the blogosphere, despite what some mainstream columnists and journalists claim. This is also a good chance to examine exactly what it is that makes writing good and powerful."

Per Seamus, this award is to be distributed "to those people who have blogs we love, can't live without, where we think the writing is good and powerful."


In return I am to pass on this award to Five Bloggers who I believe have powerful roars no matter what the subject matter is....

Shelly @ This Eclectic Life. Shelly is a true storyteller and an artist with words. Her southern drawl will lure y’all in and there you will find someone with a big ol’ heart of gold.

Damien Riley @ Riley Central. Damien’s blog (he calls it an online journal-I still say it’s a blog) is updated several times throughout the day with all kinds of topics that inspire, teach, make you giggle, but most of all make you think.

Malcolm @ Pop Culture Dish. Malcolm writes mostly about pop culture topics in a way as to how they are relevant to today’s society. His commentary is not only insightful, but fun. Malcolm is also an expert at pop culture trivia and continuously posts with something entertaining.

JAM @ Least Significant Bits. JAM’s blog has news stories, commentaries about his life and his interests like math and music, as well as political and current events posts. JAM is also a fantastic photographer and Photoshop User and treats us to photos on a regular basis. No matter what interests you, you will find something you like here.

Starrlight @ Here Comes A Storm. She claims she is the poster child for “Does Not Play Well With Others”, but I disagree. She calls it like she sees it and every post of hers is just plain downright interesting.

Congrats you guys!! If you head over to Seamus' site you can pick out your award! It's available in one of three fabulous colors :)

2 comments:

Jessica Morris said...

Congrats on your award!!

My brother responded to your comment on my blog :)

Paul is working on his story... he read me part of it and I was in tears laughing so hard... it's my favourite story ever!! I am probably going to be asleep before he finishes it, so I'll post it tomorrow

Malcolm said...

Thanks for the recognition Jessica! I really appreciate it and the positive feedback you wrote about me and my blog.