I have a very active imagination and despite writing a blog called “Life is RANTastic”, I am generally an optimistic person, too. A dreamer, you might even say.
When I do things, I like to do them well, and I think that for the most part, I do. I was very excited to be getting thisclose to Technorati’s “Very High Authority” group, a.k.a., The “A-List Bloggers”.
I was soooclose I could taste the champagne dreams, caviar wishes and visualize the red carpet strolls, but then my love affair with Technorati took a turn for the worse. I realized that despite carefully choosing my words in posts and gaining tons of fabulous new blogging friends, Technorati’s “Seven Year Itch” happens in 6 months and he started dumping me.
Can you believe it? I was not happy.
You all know that hell hath no fury like a woman scorned, but I’m going to tell you, you have watch out for the scorned woman’s girlfriends, too.
My wonderful friend Shelly @ This Eclectic Life felt bad for me when I realized I was losing blogging celebrity status and has dedicated her Thursday Thirteen to getting The Rock Chick (that’s me!) on that A-List. She is amazing and even has a raffle going for any extra incentive you might need to link to me, screw with that two-timing Technorati and rocket me right up to the stars!
Today is Thursday Thirteen...and here’s mine...
1. So I can get closer than 15 feet to Bon Jovi. I’m thinking this is just not going to happen on the B-List.
2. Britney Spears’ babies are pleading for help on the covers of this week’s tabloids! I want to help them, but how am I going to get past the bodyguards unless I am an “A-List Something Or Other”?
3. Red is one of my most complementary colors. I would so rock a red carpet event!
4. I won’t get an invitation to the Brad and Angelina wedding (if that ever happens) on the B-List and I wouldn’t want top be sitting at a table with David Hasselhoff and Erik Estrada. I want to be sitting with George Clooney.
5. If meerkats and cavemen can make it to the “A-List”, so can the Rock Chick.
6. Paris Hilton needs my help! It is rumored that her grandfather, Barron Hilton, is cutting her out of her inheritance because of her bad behavior. I’d like to convince him otherwise, but he won’t take my phone calls.
7. I want to get a tattoo from the guys at “Miami Ink”. They have a waiting list ten miles long. I’m thinking “A-List” might bump me up a few spots.
8. Somebody has to do something about Lindsay Lohan! I’m totally willing to step up and straighten her out.
9. Donald Trump’s next “Apprentice” will be a celebrity version. I would totally kick butt on that show!
10. I want to play poker with the likes of James Woods, Ben Affleck and Jennifer Tilly. I doubt B-Listers can sit at their table.
11. I so want that little pink “A List” graphic on my site. I’m sure there’s nothing stopping me from just putting in on there, but I’m too honest to cheat, unlike Technorati!
12. I am used to getting A’s. I was at the top of my class in both high school and college. The only “B List” I’d struggle to be on is the one at Victoria’s Secret. Right now, she has me on her AA list. See what I mean? I’m definitely an A-Lister!
13. Is that enough reasons? I hope so, but if it's not, Shelly has even more on her site! Now head on over to Shelly @ This Eclectic Life, enter her contest and get the Rock Chick on the A-List!