I’m sure you’re all getting tired of reading my Blogathon 2007 posts, but THIS Saturday I'll be rockin''round the clock and if I don’t talk about it, no one will come visit me and then I’ll fall asleep and tip over in my chair and probably knock out some teeth and I’ll have to go back to the dentist.
I’m sure nobody wants that to happen.
In order to prevent that, I’ve come up with a palooza of fun for my 24 hour blogathon in order to benefit the VH1 Save The Music Foundation.
I know you’re dying to know what I’ve planned and since today is Thursday Thirteen, I’m going to tell you!
1. I am having some of the world’s finest bloggers write some posts for me! Expect to see some guest posts from (all times are Central Time!) Damien (9 am) , Shelly (10:30 am), Michael C (11:30 am) missmeliss (2 pm), Janie Hickok Siess (2:30 pm) Jessica Morris (4:30 pm), JAM (7 pm) and The Big BahUna (8 pm). I have many guest blogger spots available so if you’d like to write an entry about anything related to music, please be my guest! There’s 3 raffle tickets in it for you!
2. You will also see some video performances from The Big BahUna’s band and some from my daughter’s award winning Jr. High Symphonic Band. If you have a video of yourself performing and would like me to show it, just leave a comment.
3. I have TRIVIA CONTESTS scheduled at: (all times Central) 12:00 to 1:00 pm, 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm and 9:00 pm to 10:00 pm. I will post my questions one at a time on my blog and the first correct answer in my comments gets a raffle ticket. We will do one question after another for the hour time periods. You don’t have to be a Jeopardy champion to play. I don’t care if you cheat and google for the answers.
4. At 10:30 pm Central Time I will be holding the raffle drawing! I will do this live on the webcam and you can see it through Yahoo Messenger. My Yahoo ID is jessicatherockchick. Feel free to IM and chat at any time during the entire 24 hours, though. The webcam may be on and off during the 24 hours, too. Depends what I look like. I have an image to maintain, you know
5. I’m totally having fun with the Q & A piece I decided to do during the blogathon, so if you have any questions for The Rock Chick, please just ask in a comment. I will answer anything rated NC-17 or less. Every question gets you a raffle ticket, too!
6. Here’s a link to Blogathon 2007.
7. And a link to VH1 Save The Music Foundation.
8. Here’s why I am doing this. (Insanity aside.)
9. Here is what you can do to help me.
10. This post tell you how to get raffle tickets.
11. Here is a picture and description of my raffle prizes.
12. If you’d like to support my efforts to benefit VH1 Save The Music Foundation with a donation, you can sponsor me by clicking here. As an incentive, you can earn 2 raffle tickets for every $5.00 donation!
13. The ONLY reason this entire event would be canceled is if someone were to get me a meeting with Bon Jovi. In that case, I would give that person all of the raffle gifts and you’d have to settle for listening to me talk about it, well, for forever. Someone would probably get tired of it, though, and punch me in the mouth and knock my teeth out. Then I’d have to go back to the dentist. If your plan to get all my raffle gifts was to hook me up with Bon Jovi, tell him I can’t make it until Sunday :)
Remember, we start at 8 am Central Time Saturday morning and go straight through until Sunday morning at 8 am! I’ll be here! Hope you will be, too!