Sunday, July 29, 2007

Q and A #11 (Blogathon 73)

Jessica Morris asks....If you had to start a new career right now, what would you do?

And The Rock Chick's answer is....This one is easy! I would be the Nancy Drew/Criminal Profiler for the FBI. I would profile serial killers and chase them down all over the country. Odd job choice, I know and this sounds kind of weird, but I am really fascinated by serial killers.

I grew up on the northwest side of Chicago right down the block from one of the most infamous serial killers, John Wayne Gacy. I was 10 or 11 at the time the news broke and the police were tearing up his house. Watching them work had a huge impact on me. It was horrifying, but I was fascinated at the same time. I wanted to know how or why somebody could so something like that. I couldn’t get enough information back then and to this day, I still don’t know the answer, but my favorite books to read are books on forensic science and true crime/biographies of criminals, particularly on serial killers.

Now you probably think I'm crazy, but it's the middle of the night and Im sure nobody's reading any of these posts, right? Maybe? Uh-Oh! :)

COMING UP NEXT: JAM has so thoughtfully sent me another guest blog entry! I'm telling you, these guest bloggers are lifesavers!! Thank you, John!

No comments: