Sunday, July 23, 2006

BON JOVI!!!!





If you didn’t already know, now you do….I love Bon Jovi! I love his music, his personality and let’s just say he’s not hard to look at either.

Bon Jovi was in concert here with Nickelback on Friday Night. I had been debating for weeks about going because the good tickets were available, but really expensive. The "responsible mom" part of my personality decided not to go because it’s time to buy back-to-school supplies, books and clothes. All day Friday, the “rock chick” in me was really regretting that decision.

Late Friday afternoon I got a call from my neighbor telling me that his brother, through some business deal with Bon Jovi himself, just got four incredible tickets to the concert that night. I had to be ready in ten minutes if I wanted to go. I was ready in 8. Seven of those minutes were spent searching for my missing umbrella.

Bon Jovi was performing at Soldier Field (home of the Chicago Bears), which is only 20 miles from my house, but between the traffic for the concert, the White Sox game , the Gay Games and one guy peeing in the middle of side street, it only took us a mere 2 ½ hours to get to there. We had already missed Nickelback by the time we got in. Ironically enough, the security guard checking us in took my umbrella from me.

We found our seats which were nothing short of incredible—about 25 rows from center stage. There was also a ramp that the super fabulous Bon Jovi ran out onto frequently and it put him about 6 rows from me. I jumped up and down, took tons of pictures, screamed and sang for three hours and it was awesome! I know everyone uses the word "awesome" all the time, but this truly was.

I had no voice and my legs ached by the time it was over. I had never seen him live before and the lights and the loud music thumping through my body combined with the sound of 40,000 or so people singing the chorus to “Livin’ On A Prayer” actually made me teary eyed. I was overwhelmed. I’m a weeper, I can’t help it. I once cried for three hours straight during a Barry Manilow concert. Come to think of it, so did my husband, but I don't think it was for the same reasons :)

I don’t have a word to describe the whole experience but I do have lots of great pics of the one and only Bon Jovi. I’m thinking of turning them into wallpaper for my family room. One thing’s for sure, if he comes back and it’s school supply time, my kids will just have to borrow pencils from their friends because the “rock chick” will definitely overrule “responsible mom”. I just want to live while I’m alive.

No comments: